A placement opportunity exists for five enthusiastic students to work alongside experienced and friendly electricians with EDSA Group.The company's electricians have all commercial needs covered. They provide total peace of mind by taking total responsibility for all aspects of commercial electrical works, including electrical, data, security, audio visual, media servers, smart systems, keyless entry, wireless Internet, energy management, lighting design and telephony. They work with your architect, designer and builder to ensure all cabling and systems in your home are reliable, user friendly and meet your expectations.
ESDA Group are specialists in commercial projects with sophisticated skills and integration capability, their electricians deliver the most impressive solutions every time. Rather than having multiple companies be involved in your specialist commercial project use the services of EDSA Group which allows one project manager one company and one solution.
Students must not contact EDSA directly. Students must discuss the opportunity first with their teacher.
Skills You Might Learn
The students will learn basic electrical practices, including wiring, installation skills, use of power tools and a basic overview of the Electro-technology industry. You will learn how to connect switches, outlets and other fittings in conjunction with installation of electrical cables. You will also gain skills in teamwork, communication and business operations.
Typical Tasks & Duties
The student will be required to assist tradesmen with the installation of integrated and high end commercial electrical solutions. Specifically, they will be required to:
- Assist electricians on all commercial electrical work
- Assist with unpacking tools and packing up at the end of the day
- Observing and assisting the trades people with installations of cables, lights, power points, switchboards, maintenance, servicing, and fault finding, TV points and antennas, telephone points, ceiling fans, safety switches, testing and tagging, smoke alarms, emergency call out service and solar systems.
- Handing tools to trades people.
- Assisting with cleaning the site.
- Working in cold and hot weather.
EDSA Group is looking for students with a keen interest in electrical. You must be studying a course in electrical. You must have good presentation, be able to take direction, be a quick learner whilst being polite and courteous.
Steel capped boots with no tears, long trousers, high visibility long sleeved shirt, ear muffs, safety glasses, hard hat, gloves and sunscreen
Special Transport Requirements
The student will find their way to the work site. Site address would be provided before hand. check out the Public Transport App to work out the quickest route for you.
RELATED COURSES INCLUDE
- 22261VIC - Certificate II in Electrotechnology Studies (Pre-vocational)
- 22338VIC - Certificate II in Building and Construction (Pre-Apprenticeship)
- UEE22011 - Certificate II in Electrotechnology (Career Start)