C& M Coolroom Services
A placement opportunity exists for an enthusiastic student to work alongside experienced and friendly trades people with C & M Coolroom Services undertaking maintenance, carpentry and metal work. C& M Coolroom Services offer a comprehensive range of high quality installation, repair and maintenance services with over 25 years experience in the industry. C & M cater for the full range of industrial and commercial cool rooms, freezers, blast freezers and controlled environments in the shops, factories, supermarkets, laboratories and food processing and preparation premises.
C & M provides sales, customised fabrication, installation and maintenance of:
- General installation and maintenance of all doors including sliding doors, hinged doors, glass doors. Along with maintenance and attention to the walls and ceilings.
- Items such as steel crash and bump rails; bollards and associated repair items to prevent further damage to a coolroom / freezer is carried out.
- Manufacture, supply and repair plastic swing doors and strip curtains.
- Commercial cool room and freezer components such as seals, rollers, handles, stops and locks can be supplied and installed.
- Customised stainless steel fabrication for commercial cool rooms and freezers.
Areas serviced include all Melbourne suburbs and regional Victoria and also supply prefabricated self-assembly cool room units for distribution to interstate customers. C & M Coolroom Services proudly offer 24-hour turnaround for emergency calls, supported by a twelve month warranty on materials and workmanship.
Skills You Might Learn
- The students will learn how to operate hand power tools
- Measuring and cutting piping
- Metal work
- Repairing and replacing components for coolrooms
- Testing refrigeration systems for leaks
- Performing routine maintenance
- Team work
- Understanding of OH&S requirements in air-conditioning installations.
Typical Tasks & Duties
The student will be required to work alongside staff, assisting them with:
- maintenance and repairs of cool rooms
- repairing coolroom freezer doors
- panel installations
- maintenance and repairs of freezers
- cut metal in the factory
- fabricating cool room doors
- there will be some heavy lifting.
The student is expected to:
- be diligent, polite, enthusiastic and well organised
- able to follow instructions
- pay attention to detail
- possess problem-solving skills
- have good communication skills
- ask questions when needed to ensure understanding
- maintain safe practice at all times.
Must wear overalls. Safety footwear, safety glasses and hearing protection will be provided by the employer
Special Transport Requirements
The student will be required to make their own way to the work site or meet at a certain point. The employer would let the student know where the work site would be or where they would meet.
RELATED COURSES INCLUDE
- 22216VIC - Certificate II in Building and Construction (Pre-Apprenticeship)
- 22304VIC - Certificate II in Plumbing (Pre-Apprenticeship)
- 22338VIC - Certificate II in Building and Construction (Pre-Apprenticeship)
- CPC31912 - Certificate III in Joinery
- MSF31113 - Certificate III in Cabinet Making