An opportunity exists to work with Nathan McGregor, an experienced and friendly roof plumber/metal roofing. Nathan is known and respected for his quick response. He understands the urgent nature of a roofing and can be trusted to show up on time to complete the work immediately, including:
- Installation of new roofs, including iron, flat deck ,colorbond, flashing or valleys
- Installation of spouting and down pipes
- Roof and gutter repairs
- Roof leaks.
Nathan provides a fast, reliable and efficient service for all types of roof plumbing /metal roofing.
Skills You Might Learn
- The students will learn how to use hand and battery operated tools
- Understand the mechanical process of installing roofs, gutters, down pipes, flashings and rainwater tanks on residential, and other types of buildings.
- Gain an introduction to technical drawings to install roof drainage systems for roof of various angles on residential and other building projects.
- Team work
- Understanding of OH&S requirements in plumbing
Typical Tasks & Duties
Duties will be directed by Nathan and may include:
- Unpacking tools from van to site and packing when work is completed
- Observing and assisting the trades people with roof installations, spouting and down pipes, flashings or covering, and rainwater tanks, as well as roof and gutter repairs
- Handing tools to trades people
- Some heavy lifting and frequent kneeling will be required
- Working in cold and wet weather.
The students are expected to:
- be diligent, polite, enthusiastic and well organised
- able to follow instructions
- attention to detail
- problem solving skills
- good communication skills
- ask questions when needed to ensure understanding
- maintain safe practice at all times.
Must wear work pants and long sleeved shirt, dress appropriately for weather.
Special Transport Requirements
Work will be at various locations and the student must make their own way to and from the work place.
RELATED COURSES INCLUDE
- 22216VIC - Certificate II in Building and Construction (Pre-Apprenticeship)
- 22304VIC - Certificate II in Plumbing (Pre-Apprenticeship)
- 22338VIC - Certificate II in Building and Construction (Pre-Apprenticeship)