Tech Games Fest (Chisholm)
TECH GAMES FEST 2019 - SWL Placements
Tech Games Fest is an exciting three day expo open to secondary school students, their parents and tech-loving general public. The event offers employment and study opportunities in ICT, workshops, presentations and tournaments. Check out the latest games, robotics, software, hardware, cosplay and pop culture, games development, AR amd VR, Esports, drones, cyber security, programming and board games.
SWL placements are many and varied to ensure the event runs smoothly.
Skills You Might Learn
Students may have the opportunity to attain a broad range of skills while on work placement. These will include valuable general employability skills such as:
- Problem solving
- Initiative and enterprise
- Planning and organising
Students may attain vital industry specific skills which will also relate to their studies such as:
- Hands-on practical experience
- Observing and learning from industry qualified and experienced professionals
- Working in real-life scenarios and environments
- Working with tools and equipment necessary to the occupation and business
- Liaising and working with colleagues, managers, customers/clients and suppliers.
Typical Tasks & Duties
Students will undertake varied roles over the course of the event as well as the setting up and packing down pre and post the event over a 5 day placement. Depending on interest area, VET course the student is currently undertaking and demand, placement tasks could include activities such as:
- Event management
- Registration and information desk support
- Photography – documenting the day
- Videography – TGF TV live streaming, vox pops etc.
- Sound technician
- Music – students are encouraged to provide entertainment
- AV support
- Assisting exhibitors at their stands
- Make up – YES MAKEUP!!! Students can set up a stand and do Cosplay makeup for participants.
- Business – collection of donations etc
- Community Service – Charity work
- Public Relations
- Gaming – including show and share
- Robotics – including show and share
- Social and Digital media content
In the first instance, students are required to apply for a placement via Eventbrite at the following link:
Neat Casual Dress.
Special Transport Requirements
Located at the Trade Training Centre (Building D) Fletcher Street, Frankston. (Chisholm campus)
RELATED COURSES INCLUDE
- CHC22015 - Certificate II in Community Services
- CHC32015 - Certificate III in Community Services
- CUA20615 - Certificate II in Music Industry
- CUA20715 - Certificate II in Visual Arts
- CUA30213 - Certificate III in Community Dance, Theatre and Events
- ICT20115 - Certificate II in Information, Digital Media and Technology
- ICT30115 - Certificate III in Information, Digital Media & Technology
- SHB30215 - Certificate III in Make-Up
- SIT30516 - Certificate III in Events