Warehousing operations assistant
Here’s an exciting SWL opportunity to work behind the scenes of Myer Northland.
Myer is an iconic name in retail and has a number of departments.
In men’s and women’s fashion, Myer stocks international and Australian designers, alongside their own branded merchandise. Shoppers can also find a complete range of cosmetics, footwear and accessories, children’s wear, homewares, furniture, electronics and toys. Get in touch now to be part of this wonderful placement opportunity.
Skills You Might Learn
As part of the placement students will gain the following skills:
- Develop an understanding of how a large department store operates
- Improved communication and team work skills
- An understanding of warehouse and logistics procedures
- OH&S in a warehouse environment
Typical Tasks & Duties
Some of the tasks and duties that will be required to be undertaken by students include:
- Stock control and maintenance
- Packing of goods
- Preparing goods for delivery
- Housekeeping and general upkeep of the warehouse
- Adhering to warehouse and logistics procedures
Students will be required to complete a separate online MYER application which will provide information on all necessary work safety. This must be completed prior to commencing placement. Please ask the employer for this form.
Black clothing and comfortable shoes. Students must wear comfortable, flat, non slip black lace up closed toe shoes. The foot must be completely closed (a OH&S) requirement.
Special Transport Requirements
Public transport is accessible via bus
RELATED COURSES INCLUDE
- TLI32416 - Certificate III in Logistics