Warehousing operations assistant
A great SWLopportunity within logistics and warehousing for a large building industry supplier. Hardings Hardware is the first choice with all quality builders for kitchen and bathroom products. They pride themselves on providing customers with the very best service and product advice across Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, Adelaide and surrounding regions.
Founded in the northern suburbs of Melbourne over 60 years ago, Hardings has grown significantly to now service all of the major east coast capitals, Adelaide and surrounding regions.
Skills You Might Learn
-The student will learn to:
- Use RF scanner
- OH&S online safety modules
- Use of lifting equipment
- Bunk location systems
- Interpersonal skills, knowledge on products, product placement, stocktaking, basic customer service, work and life skills eg, time management, communication and personal development skills.
Typical Tasks & Duties
The student will be engaged in the following:
- Picking of large stock deliveries. For example, ovens, hot water units, toilets, etc.
- Use of lifting equipment such as hand trolley and pallet jack
- Stock rotation and picking bunk replenishment, stock counts, physical reloading of bunks for picking
- Loading of trucks, including checking loads for accuracy, hand trolley loading of appliances
- Inward goods, including checking inward goods deliveries for accuracy, receipting of inward goods into Harding system, use of RF scanner to allocate goods for bunks
- Picking of carton stock for deliveries (tapware, door furniture, brick & frame hardware etc, use of RF scanner for picking
- Loading pallets for dispatch, such as use of hand held shrink wrap
- House keeping
- Customer service
- Completion of OH&S online safety modules
- Traffic management systems
Students must have a willingness to learn, grow and develop their skills. Hardings Hardware are looking for a student with an excellent work ethic, reliable, polite and responsible.
- Neat and tidy, no singlets.
- The only dress requirements we have is the need to wear steel cap boots, we can supply the rest. If the candidate is suitable, we may be able to help with the boots.
Special Transport Requirements
Please refer to www.ptv.vic.gov.au to plan your journey.
RELATED COURSES INCLUDE
- TLI32416 - Certificate III in Logistics