Arnolds Swiss Bakery Cafe
Work with a group of creative chefs who have the experience to craft a cake to celebrate any occasion. This could be the start of your career take off to learn the traditional art of pastry making. The opportunities are endless. Arnolds Swiss Cakes create novelty cakes, something special for kids and caters for company important events.
Arnolds Swiss Cakes offer wholesale cakes, pastries, and much more:
Full sheet & half sheet layer cakes.
Gluten free desserts (made without gluten).
Individual desserts for plated menu & Room Service Menus.
Cupcakes & Mini Cupcakes
Mini desserts (cake bites, cake shots, cheesecakes, brownies, pecan bars, tarts, etc.)
They offer long term employment opportunities and careers in pastry making, as well as 2 SWL placements in the hope this may lead to future employment via an apprenticeship sometime in the future.
Skills You Might Learn
Students will gain knowledge of pastry making, patience and multi-tasking. They will also come away with improved interpersonal and time management skills.
Typical Tasks & Duties
During their placement, students may undertake all or some of the the following tasks:
- Baking, making dough, baking cookies
- Providing customer service, and cash handling when required
- Identifying OH&S policies and procedures in the workplace
- Cleaning and tidying work areas
- Learning more about hygiene and how to follow instructions
- Learning about working in a team; to work quickly, competently and safely.
Students must have a positive attitude and be engaging and polite towards customers. They must be open minded and willing to extend their hand at all tasks with a keen willingness to learn all aspects of the pastry making industry.
Students are required to wear closed shoes. An apron and cap will be provided.
Special Transport Requirements
RELATED COURSES INCLUDE
- SIT20316 - Certificate II in Hospitality
- SIT30616 - Certificate III in Hospitality