Sport development officer
Don't go past this quality opportunity to work with AFL Victoria. Get in quick to avoid disappointment.
Work alongside qualified staff on the field and behind the scenes at the local arm of one of Australia's premier sporting organisations. Increase your industry knowledge by participating in sporting clinics and assisting with office duties. Support staff as they provide excellent customer service to clients and make the most of this valuable opportunity to impress industry personnel.
Skills You Might Learn
This is a brilliant opportunity for students to develop skills in alignment with their Sports and Recreation studies. This may include some of the following;
- Maintain sport and fitness facilities
- Improve industry knowledge
- Maintain client confidentiality
- Plan outdoor recreation activities
- Guide outdoor recreation activities
- Learn how to develop health / training plans
- Learn how to perform exercise demonstrations
- Provide first aid
- Participate in workplace health and safety
- Use social media tools for collaboration and engagement
- Organise personal work priorities and development
- Other reasonable activities as directed by your supervisors
Transferable skills developed may include teamwork, communication, time management and problem solving, using technology and customer service.
Typical Tasks & Duties
Shadowing AFL Victoria staff, students will participate in a range of activities on and off the field. This may include assisting with sporting clinics and school holiday programs hosted by the AFL. This may include care and maintenance of sporting equipment, setting up for sessions and cleaning / pack up.
Duties will also include office based duties, such as data management, filing and other activities essential to running a multi-faceted organisation with a high public profile. There will be quiet times, during which students are expected to demonstrate the ability to be self-directed and manage their own work (eg. Placement Log Book, other related assignments / schoolwork).
This employer is looking for mature, responsible, energetic and motivated students who are passionate about working in the Sport and Recreation industry. In particular, students who are undertaking relevant Cert III studies, and are serious about a career in the field.
Students MUST apply with a resume (school to send to BNLLEN), and an interview will be required for shortlisted applicants.
Students should dress appropriately for interview (eg. suit, professional casual or school uniform.)
Full dress requirements will be discussed at interview and dependent upon daily activities (eg. business meetings and sporting clinics).
Special Transport Requirements
Travel Arrangement Form will be required as students may be required to travel to clinics at various locations.
The office location (Greensborough) is close to bus and train access.
RELATED COURSES INCLUDE
- SIS20115 - Certificate II in Sport and Recreation
- SIS30115 - Certificate III in Sport and Recreation
- SIS30315 - Certificate III in Fitness