Calgraphics (Australasia) Pty Ltd
Here is a fantastic opportunity for a SWL placement, for a student studying Certificate III in Graphic Arts. This printing company have been supplying customers with Quality Branding Solutions for some 40 years. The company also offer secure Online Stores and with that, Inventory Management Services.To make life easier for the client they hold not only printed materials but by request other commonly used goods such as safety equipment, work gloves, boots etc. The business is NOT a design company, but provides excellent exposure to practical use of graphic designer's work. This is a manufacturing environment particularly suitable for candidates who like 'hands on' work.
– Printing and Application services
– Program Management
– Client based online stores
– Inventory Management
- Warehouse Operations
Skills You Might Learn
The student will gain an understanding of basic disciplines of the workplace, general workplace safety . If working in the administration section, office practice skills may be attained. Through factory exposure general production skills will be observed. there are opportunities to learn operation of various production equipment.
Typical Tasks & Duties
The student may be exposed to skills such as digital and screen printing, observation of experts in the field of graphic production. Depending on the interest of the student, work in the warehouse and some administrative duties may also be available.
Because there may be some time spent in the warehouse/factory warm clothes should be worn in winter.
Safe footwear is essential.
-Punctuality is important. See Dress Requirements for further information.
- Certificate III in Graphic Arts is optimum. The opportunity can suit those looking for administrative or warehouse experience.
Neat/ tidy. For factory warm clothes are needed in the winter, solid enclosed shoes essential.
Special Transport Requirements
This location is best reached by car.
RELATED COURSES INCLUDE
- 22209VIC - Certificate II in Engineering Studies
- 22285VIC - Certificate II in Signage and Graphics
- BSB20115 - Certificate II in Business
- CUA30715 - Certificate III in Design Fundamentals
- ICP20115 - Certificate II in Printing and Graphic Arts (General)
- MEM20105 - Certificate II in Engineering