Bakers Delight Bakery Hill
This opportunity provides a person who is interested in a career in the Food/Baking industry the chance to work in a full scale, fast paced Bakery. All aspects of baking will be covered, with the expectation that the candidate will be OFFERED A FULL BAKING APPRENTICESHIP.
Initially there will be spots for 5 candidates doing 1 week blocks. Dates to be negotiated with the business owner Glenn Drew.
Following this up to 3 positions will be available on an ongoing basis, with the likelihood 2 of these will become Baking Apprenticeships.
Skills You Might Learn
Students may learn/improve on the following skills:
- Customer service
- Communication skills
- Ability to work in a team
- Time management
- Ability to work autonomously
- Technical skills
- Using specialist machinery
- Problem solving
- Self management
- Ability to work with a range of people
working to deadlines
Typical Tasks & Duties
1 week Block - Work in 3 key areas of Baking (Bowl, Production, Ovens).
The student/s will be required to undertake various tasks in each of these roles. Including; weighing up and mixing dough, four piecing blocks, scrolling, and baking products using the ovens.
This will give a good insight to both the student and Business as to weather the role is suitable and therefore determine suitability for ongoing positions/Apprenticeship.
Ongoing positions - Develop skills in all areas of Baking, with a key focus on Quality and Speed. Full 3 year Apprenticeships will be offered to the right person/s.
Students will need to have:
- An interest in Baking/Food Preparation
- Be Extremely Reliable
- Show the ability to work closely with other members of a small team
- Ability to work quickly and accurately (Quality)
- Good solid work ethic
- Commitment to learning
For the 1 week blocks a white shirt and shorts (or as close as possible) and sneakers. Bakers hat and apron etc. will be provided.
Special Transport Requirements
Public transport is available. Bus 15 stops out the front of the store.
RELATED COURSES INCLUDE
- FBP20217 - Certificate II in Baking
- FDF20510 - Certificate II in Retail Baking Assistance
- SIT20316 - Certificate II in Hospitality
- SIT20416 - Certificate II in Kitchen Operations