Latrobe City Council
Trainee IT Officer- Latrobe City Council
Semester 2 -2018
This opportunity is with the Information Technology Solutions Team at the Latrobe City Council.
The IT Team in Latrobe City Council (LCC) provides the infrastructure, systems and services to support and enhance Council operations.
Our team of nine staff staff, primarily located at our Morwell offices, provide service across all LCC sites. Our priority is to maintain the integrity, robustness, reliability, reach and flexibility of Information Communications Technology (ICT) operations and service delivery - ensuring that core enterprise systems are well supported and maintained and that operational tasks supporting service delivery are undertaken in a timely manner.
Our functions include:
Service Desk, Desktop Support, Data Base Analysis, Infrastructure and Network Administration, Applications support and development, Mobility enhancements and project support.
Compliance to Occupational Health and Safety policy and our code of conduct is mandatory.
Skills You Might Learn
You will have the opportunity to assist our IT team deliver services to our staff and customers. This includes a proving high level of service and collaborative team work and problem solving. You will learn about how requests and incidents are managed, assigned and resolved. Preparing training materials, installing equipment and assisting customers. There will also be the opportunity to learn about data base analysis, infrastructure management and our technical environment.
Time management and task prioritisation. Further development of written and verbal communications skills. Building rapport with internal/external stakeholders.
Typical Tasks & Duties
Student will have the opportunity to assist with the following tasks:
• Assisting to organise IT meetings, rooms, papers, action lists and presentations
• Preparing digital learning materials and self-help guides
• Cyber Crime prevention learning materials
• Assisting with replacement of desktop computers and other devices
• Adding material to our document management system
• Updating our Jira project site
• Assisting resolve ad hoc queries and services ie paper jams and Audio visual support etc.
Willingness to learn and an interest in information technology. Motivated and organised. Good communication skills.
Special Transport Requirements
No travelling required in the role. You will need to make your own way to work and home.
RELATED COURSES INCLUDE
- 22289VIC - Certificate II in Integrated Technologies
- ICA20111 - Certificate II in Information, Digital Media & Technology
- ICA30111 - Certificate III in Information, Digital Media & Technology
- VIC20116 - VCAL Studies