Light Vehicle Automotive opportunity, performing a range of service, repair and diagnostic procedures including engines, transmissions, final drive assemblies, brakes, steering, suspension and electrical systems.
Skills You Might Learn
- Demonstrate basic operational knowledge in a moderate range of automotive technology
- Apply a defined range of skills appropriate to entry to the automotive industry.
- Apply known solutions to a limited range of predictable problems associated with an understanding of basic automotive technologies
- Perform a range of tasks where choice between a limited range of options is required
- Assess and record information from varied sources.
- Take limited responsibility for own outputs in work and learning.
- Follow direction of supervising
Typical Tasks & Duties
The student will learn how to assist a trained mechanic in the servicing of vehicles with hands on participation in basic mechanical, electrical auto service and repair tasks. The student will participate in various facets of a busy automotive workshop and be required to work in a team and potentially with customers.
An interest in the automotive industry and willingness to undertake required tasks to expand their knowledge
Neat work clothes and steel cap boots
Special Transport Requirements
Own transport required
RELATED COURSES INCLUDE
- AUR20716 - Certificate II in Automotive Vocational Preparation
- AUR32112 - Certificate III in Automotive Body Repair
- AUR32412 - Certificate III in Automotive Refinishing Technology
- VIC20116 - VCAL Studies