A fantastic opportunity to gain experience working at public library located in the bayside suburb of Port Melbourne located right in the middle of the café and shopping precinct.
There’s more to libraries than just processing books, this opportunity will expose you to a variety of duties required to run a successful library service.
You will be working with a caring team of library staff assisting with a variety of duties including; general admin, customers service, cleaning and maintenance as well as assisting in delivering a variety of interesting library activities.
A positive, open, willing to learn attitude is encouraged.
Port Melbourne library has a reputation for being one of the best libraries to work at with many students lining up for the chance to do placement there.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, if you are interested in this placement apply now!
please contact the Capital City LLEN today if you would like further information.
Skills You Might Learn
Upon completion of the placement students will gain the following skills and more:
- Knowledge of the different library roles and duties.
- Basic office administration
- Customer service skills
- Team work skills
- Communication skills
Typical Tasks & Duties
During this placement, you will:
- Shadow and spend time with library staff
- Assist with general admin duties
- Assist with general cleaning and maintenance duties
- Customer service
- Assist with delivering a variety of library activities
- Interest in working in a library environment
- Basic computer skills
- A willingness to learn
- A keen attitude
- A willingness to develop skills
- Must be punctual
Neat casual, closed toe shoes.
Special Transport Requirements
Easily accessible by public transport
RELATED COURSES INCLUDE
- 22247VIC - Certificate II in Small Business (Operations/Innovation)
- BSB20112 - Certificate II in Business
- BSB30112 - Certificate III in Business
- BSB30412 - Certificate III in Business Administration
- CHC20112 - Certificate II in Community Services
- CHC30112 - Certificate III in Community Services Work
- CHC32015 - Certificate III in Community Services Work
- SIS30210 - Certificate III in Community Activity Programs
- VIC20116 - VCAL Studies