MYER - fantastic opportunity to be part of MYER Melbourne, the largest and most comprehensive department store in the southern hemisphere. Myer Melbourne is an iconic name in retail and has a number of departments spread over each level of the Bourke Street Mall. In men’s and women’s fashion, Myer stocks international and Australian designers, alongside their own branded merchandise. Shoppers can also find a complete range of cosmetics, footwear and accessories, children’s wear, homewares, furniture, electronics and toys.
Get in touch with the City LLEN now to be part of this wonderful placement opportunity.
Skills You Might Learn
As part of the placement you will have gained the following skills:
* Developed understanding of how a department store operates
* Stock and merchandising skills
* Improved communication and team work skills
* Developed customer service skills
Typical Tasks & Duties
As part of this placement, you will be working as part of the MYER team. Placements could include any of the following tasks and duties:
* Stock control and maintenance - replenishing goods
* Customer Service - 'See, smile and say hello'
* Merchandising - Learning merchandising standards, de-boxing, visual merchandising and displays
* House keeping - general upkeep of the store
Students are required to complete a separate online MYER application process for the placements, which will also cover all the necessary work safety information. This must be completed prior to starting the placement.
Students are not expected know particular skills, but will need to be:
* Willing to learn
* Ready to develop their skills
Block black clothing and appropriate shoes.
Special Transport Requirements
CBD central location at Bourke Street Mall, accessible via public transport.
RELATED COURSES INCLUDE
- BSB20112 - Certificate II in Business
- BSB20115 - Certificate II in Business
- BSB30112 - Certificate III in Business
- BSB30115 - Certificate III in Business
- SIB20110 - Certificate II in Retail Make-up & Skin Care
- SIR20212 - Certificate II in Retail Services
- SIR30212 - Certificate III in Retail Operations
- SIR30312 - Certificate III in Retail Supervision